Monday, June 7, 2010

A "New Year" - Multicultural and International Literature

Almost a year has gone by since I posted my last blog. While my intention had been to continue it through the last school year, keeping up with my statistics classes kept me otherwise occupied.

I'm happy to be back. For the summer, I will be posting reviews of multicultural literature, some written for children and some for young adults. The choices will include literature written in other languages and subsequently translated into English, as well as literature written by and about various cultural groups in the U. S.

Visit your library, grab a book of your own, and read with me. Want an adult suggestion to start off with? Try the trilogy by Stieg Larsson. Written in Swedish and translated to English, this mystery series is a New York Times bestseller, and Entertainment Weekly says it is "a gripping, stay-up-all-night read." I have already read book one. I'm in the middle of the second book and hope to read it and book three over the next few weeks. Warning - I hear that if you start book two, you will have a hard time stopping until you've read book three as well. The trilogy is more like one (very) long story that was simply divided into three parts.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo






 

The Girl Who Played with Fire








 
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest







Join me. Let's make this a summer of multicultural literature.
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment